Get in the seasonal spirits with this fall-flavored cocktail. Sugar and Charm crafted a classic sidecar with an autumn fig twist. We love using seasonal ingredients, especially when it matches with our candles!
- Make the fig simple syrup by boiling 1 cup cane sugar (refined is fine too) with 1 cup water and 1 cup fresh figs, cut in half. Let boil for 5 minutes until fruit is tender. Simmer for another 20 minutes and then let it infuse away from heat. More instructions in the post.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 1 ripe fig.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and fill the shaker with two large handfuls of ice.
- Give the cocktail a hard shake for about 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a fig and enjoy!
Make the simple syrup a few days ahead and store it for five days in the refrigerator. Add a dash of cinnamon if serving around the holidays!