We are so excited to share that this Tuesday, Sept. 22 marks two years since we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in the Pacific Palisades, Calif. We wanted to thank each and every one of you for your support of The Little Market and our storefront! Through our physical store, we are able to share our artisan-made goods with a larger community and share our mission and stories with you in person.
As we reflect on the past two years in the Palisades Village, we are spotlighting a few of our most memorable moments.
- September 2018 – We welcomed at least 2,200 visitors on opening day!
- October 2018 – We hosted an event with MILCK, whom we’ve partnered with to support #ICANTKEEPQUIET.org.
- November 2018 – We began offering in-store candle personalization.
- November 2018 – Through your generosity, we collected donations for victims who were impacted by the fires in neighboring Malibu, Calif.
- November 2018 – We held a charity collaboration event with the Kind Campaign.
- Holiday 2018 – We celebrated our first holiday season in the Pacific Palisades, Calif.
- May 2019 – We hosted a Q&A with Cupcakes and Cashmere founder Emily Schuman.
- May 2019 – We participated in a pop-up with Alliance of Moms to share our totes and candles and raise awareness of our mission.
- May 2019 – We hosted an in-store event with Coloring without Borders.
- June 2019 – We kicked off our Coffee + Conversation event series with Human Rights Watch.
- July 2019 – We offered custom illustrations with Jennifer Vallez of @SophieandLili.
- September 2019 – We celebrated our first anniversary in-store!
- September 2019 – We held a Coffee + Conversation event with Homeboy Industries.
- October 2019 – We hosted the next installation of our Coffee + Conversation event series with the Downtown Women’s Center and its social enterprise MADE by DWC, the group behind our collection of hand-poured soaps.
- November 2019 – We hosted a Coffee + Conversation event featuring the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Holiday 2019 – We launched our The Little Post initiative, where customers can write postcards directly to the artisan groups and social enterprises we work with.
- Holiday 2019 – We were so excited to share meaningful holiday gifts that give back during our second year in-store.
- February 2020 – We offered in-store personalizations in celebration of Valentine’s Day.
- March 2020 – Present Day – We began navigating a new normal and are so grateful for everyone’s continued support during this time to keep our communities safe.
- September 2020 – We are so grateful to celebrate our two-year anniversary with you!
From opening day in September 2018 to our second anniversary, we are so thankful for every moment and to be part of such a wonderful community of thoughtful shoppers. Thank you for an incredible past two years in the Pacific Palisades, Calif.! Through every purchase and donation, you are supporting fair wages and dignified income opportunities for underserved communities — locally in Los Angeles, nationally, and around the world.
We can’t wait to see you again and for what’s ahead. To learn more about our store, visit our site.