Photo by Alandra Chavarria
Don’t forget the reason for the season! Helping others is a key part of our mission at The Little Market, and the holidays are a great time to give back! Here are a few little things you can do to make a big impact.
1. Create care packages for homeless shelters and people in need. You can include items like toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, tissues, non-perishable food, first-aid kits, blankets, and shampoo and conditioner.
2. Tutor students in your local community. Visit a local school to find out how to get involved in their after-school programs to find opportunities to share your skillset!
3. Help elderly neighbors in nursing homes or in your community. Volunteer in a nursing home, organize activities for the residents, or put together gift sets to share with them.
4. Donate your time by working in your community’s food shelter or soup kitchen.
5. Visit a community garden and learn how to get involved by planting fresh greenery and trees to help the local environment.
6. Get together with family and friends and clean up a local beach or park. Or host a community-wide clean-up program that includes a gathering for lunch and activities with your neighbors.
7. Organize a food drive and clothing drive and donate non-perishable food items, like canned goods, unsalted nuts, rice, oatmeal, and whole-grain pasta, and clothes to those in need.
What are some of your favorite ways to give back and volunteer? Let us know in the comments below!