Photo by Lauren Conrad
After our recent launch of freshly baked goods with Homeboy Bakery, we have been so inspired by everyone’s support — and mouth-watering recipes. Our co-founder Lauren Conrad added a fresh twist to her challah bread from Homeboy Bakery by creating an amazing French toast with homemade blueberry syrup. Keep reading below to try this at home!
1. Crack the eggs into a shallow mixing bowl that allows wiggle room for the bread. Beat together the egg, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Add a pinch of nutmeg.
2. Stir in your milk of choice.
3. Once the mixture is ready, gently dip the first slice of bread into the mixture and ensure both sides are coated well.
4. Transfer the bread to your pan and cook on medium heat. Flip and let it turn golden brown on both sides.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each slice of bread.
6. Plate the French toast and top it with syrup if you’d like. Enjoy!
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix with a whisk for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
2. Once the sugar has dissolved, bring the heat to medium for a gentle boil. Stir the mixture often and let the syrup thicken for about 15 minutes.
We hope you indulge in this sweet breakfast idea and love it as much as we do!
To recreate this look, visit our website. If you or loved ones are in the Los Angeles area, consider treating everyone to Homeboy Bakery baked goods or donating an assorted box, which we will deliver to healthcare professionals on your behalf. Your support contributes to dignified income opportunities for underserved communities in Los Angeles and around the world. Thank you for your support!
If you recreate this recipe, tag us on Instagram, @thelittlemarket, for a chance to be featured!