Together, we can make a positive impact from the comfort of our homes. As we navigate this new way of life together, we’re staying home — working remotely and embracing the comfort of what we know. We are doing our part for our communities by protecting our most vulnerable citizens. For those who have the chance to work from home during these uncertain times, here are some of our favorite tips for working from home.
1. Keep your routines in place as much as possible. Wake up at the usual time as if you will be going to the office or your daily workspace.
2. Get ready for the day. Change out of your pajamas to something casual like jeans and a T-shirt.
3. Create a to-do list before you start your workday or workweek to stay organized and on track.
4. Set a designated workspace for the day — try not to work from your bed or couch! This will help eliminate any distractions.
Tip: Keep your space inviting and uplifting. Stay home with The Little Market. When you fill your home with pieces that make an impact, you surround yourself stories of perseverance, resilience, and empowerment.
5. Lunch break activities, while being mindful of your time:
- If safe in your area, go for a quick walk around your neighborhood.
- Meditate to relieve yourself from any stress.
- Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and pick up the book you have been meaning to read.
- Find a creative outlet or webinar to keep your mind engaged.
6. Make sure to have check-ins with your colleagues as if you were in the office with them.
Tip: If you live with other people, when you have a conference call or video chat, communicate designated times.
7. Once the workday is over, here are a couple activities you can do from home that you may normally do after leaving the office.
- Stay Active – Try yoga or mat pilates in your living room or backyard.
- Grocery Shopping – In today’s digital era, there are delivery apps that can safely deliver your groceries or do curbside pick-up.
Adjusting to a new normal may not be very easy or simple, but we encourage you to make your home or personal space as stress-free as possible. As we get through this together as a global community, let us take care of one another. We can make an impact by donating to organizations, supporting small businesses, and helping our neighbors.
Tell us in the comments below your tips on how to work from home with The Little Market, or show us by tagging us, @thelittlemarket, on Instagram!