We are so excited for festive fall recipes with loved ones. Our friend Amanda Wilens just shared our her delicious recipe for chai snickerdoodle cookies, and they’re quickly our new favorites! We can’t wait to bake these all season long. Keep reading to try this at home.
1. With an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until thoroughly creamed, light, and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
2. Add eggs one at a time, and mix until combined. Then add vanilla extract and mix for another 2 minutes. Scrape sides of the bowl to make sure all is incorporated.
3. In another medium/large bowl, combine together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until combined.
4. Turn the mixer to a low-medium speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Cover and chill dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. (If you prefer a flatter snickerdoodle cookie, do not refrigerate.)
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare some baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. In a small/medium bowl, mix the cinnamon-sugar together.
8. Ball dough into about 2 tablespoon scoops. Ball in between your hands. Toss in the cinnamon-sugar and coat completely.
9. Place cookie dough balls onto the baking sheets a few inches apart from one another. Smoosh down with your thumb or a fork to get a flatter cookie.
10. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. You don’t want these to overcook, so be sure they don’t turn golden brown or they will overcook while cooling on the sheet.
11. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes, and then move to a cooling rack. During this time, your cookies should flatten a little and crinkle.
12. Serve and enjoy!
If you try Amanda’s recipe, let us know in the comments below or share with us on Instagram!