We want to bring back Taco Tuesday. Eat/Sleep/Wear made these tacos using every foodie’s must-have: the instant pot. We’re having a love affair with this gadget too! Make this recipe for an easy summertime meal.
1. Chop tomatoes and cilantro. Slice avocado. Drain black beans. Pull out sour cream. Set all these toppings aside.
2. Place all chicken thighs on a cutting board and season both sides with salt, pepper, chili lime seasoning, and garlic powder. I put approximate measurements above but I just eyeball the amounts. I like to go heavier on the chili lime and garlic powder as it adds some nice flavor.
3. Turn Instant Pot on: Sauté Mode. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and let heat. Sauté chicken on both sides just until brown.
4. Pour 1 cup salsa and 1/2 cup water over top of the chicken and give it a quick stir.
5. Place on top and seal Instant Pot. Make sure your vent is set to Sealing. Put on Pressure Cook Mode on High for 20 minutes. A tip here is that you can click the Meat Mode and adjust the time with the – and + symbols.
6. When timer goes off, do a Quick Release of steam by changing the vent position on the top of your pressure cooker. ALWAYS make sure to wear oven mitts when you do this so you don’t burn your fingers or skin.
7. Open Instant Pot when the metal pin on the top has completely dropped. Then place chicken in a bowl and shred.
8. Place shredded chicken back in salsa mixture on Sauté Mode and simmer while mixing in meat if you want to reduce the mixture.
9. Pick your favorite toppings and assemble your tacos. Bon appetit!
Hosting a fiesta? Here’s some inspo!