As we head into warmer weather, we are so excited to try new recipes with fresh ingredients. Our friend Amanda Wilens shared a spring salad with us that you’ll be sure to love. Keep reading below for her recipe, served in some of our favorite dining essentials.
I love a good and hearty salad. A delicious salad needs a great dressing, add-ins, and a good lettuce. I personally love a spring mix or dark greens. But if you have a specific lettuce in your house already or one you love most, give it a try still. Also, if you plan on replacing the apples (I believe pink ladies are the best for this) be sure you pick a tart apple instead of an overly sweet one. Feel free to make your dressing in advance, but it will thicken in the fridge. It can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for about one week.
Photo by Amanda Wilens
DIRECTIONS – DRESSING
1. Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. If it needs a little liquid, you can add in water one teaspoon at a time.
DIRECTIONS – CHICKEN
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix all your seasonings.
3. In a large bowl (or directly in a pan) cover chicken in oil and then coat in seasonings.
4. Place onto the pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes (until internal temp is 165° F). If you want the chicken browned on the outside, first cook the chicken on the stove over medium-high for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to the oven for the remainder of the cook.
5. Let the chicken rest for about 8-10 minutes. Slice.
DIRECTIONS – SALAD
1. Toss lettuce, cilantro, apples, sunflower seeds, goat cheese, and dressing until mixed well.
2. Top with chicken and serve.
If you try Amanda’s recipe, let us know in the comments below or share with us on Instagram. Stay tuned for more recipes with Amanda coming soon!